See there are two schools of thought. And they both are based on very true facts.
- One school believes eggs are good for you. Why? They are extremely nutritious. You can live on eggs for a very long time. All the nutrients made for the baby is now given to you.
- The other believes that eggs are bad for you. Why? They are so extremely nutritious!! Particularly, they have a lot of cholesterol. In fact, if you eat just two of your average chicken egg, you will pass the recommended daily limits for cholesterol.
So to answer your question, it’s going to depend on who YOU actually is.
- If you are a growing child, whose cholesterol needs are much higher. Eggs are a perfect meal for you.
- If you are a 22 yr old athlete in excellent condition with fantastic heart health, eggs will cause you no problems.
- If you are a 40 yr old vegetarian who gets almost no cholesterol every day, an egg will be fine.
- If you are a 50 yr old obese male who never gets any exercise, eggs are not a good idea.
- If you are a 19 yr old underweight male who never exercises and eats steaks and potato chips every day. Eating eggs on top of that is going to make them worse.
- If you are a 45 yr old female who’s already suffered two heart attacks and is on 3 heart medications, you should stay away from eggs if you also eat meat.
- If you are Robinson Crusoe and you’re trapped in an island starving. And you see an egg, a coconut, a mystery mushroom, and a dead rotting pig carcass. Eggs are going to be your best bet for nutrition.
To sum it all up. Eggs are nutritious. A little too nutritious. So whether it’s good or bad is context-dependent.